Saturday, August 17, 2013

RE: Mausica Reunion 2013

2013-Aug-17-1251Hrs
I join my collegues in congratulating the planning committee on an awesome reunion. Based on the magnitude of the undertaking, it was fun-filled, very well executed and a resounding success, a product of good preparation and teamwork.
The turbulent waters on the ride to Tobago did not dampen the Mausica spirit.  After some R&R we were ready to renew old acquaintances and make new ones.
I was impressed by the youth at the Sunday service, and noted a few things that I can implement at my place of worship.
The visit to Mausica was both nostalgic and depressing however, I am encouraged by the enthusiasm shown when Alan Clovis announced that we should purchase the facility. Let's come together and make it happen.
At Valencia I had the opportunity to partner with Marlene and play a game of All Fours (I had not played since 1970) and also engage a few partners in table tennis which I had not played since I left Mausica in 1966.
The South day was very memorable (no bias because my roomate Joan was a part of the planning committee). Being on the hill reminded me of my high school days at Naparima Girls' and passing through La Brea reminded me of my childhood and teaching days at Brighton E.C.
There was a different vibe and the music that greeted us as we stepped off the maxis, set the tone for the beach lime. The fish broth was a perfect end to a perfect day.
Thanks also to my roommates and house mates in Tobago and Trinidad. Your fun-loving spirit and your mere presence added to my wonderful reunion experience.
A special thank you to my big sister and dear friend Brenda who organized our accommodation and co-ordinated our eats for our stay in Tobago and Trinidad. She is so thoughtful that she even stayed with us in Trinidad although she could have stayed (for free) elsewhere. Brenda, I thank you, you are one of a kind.
Let us keep the Mausica spirit alive!!!!!
Kay Thomas Cyrus (1964-1966)

No comments: