Friday, September 07, 2012

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS


2012-Sep-07-0458Hrs
"You might have received the news by now that Mr. Williams was given a medal of gold for Public Service in this year’s independence national awards. As the first president of Mausica I was asked to receive it on his behalf because at age 96 his mobility is challenged. I saw myself representing all the students of Mausica as I went to receive it on his behalf. Congratulations to Mr. Williams for a well deserved reward. Let us all be happy to know that his work has been appreciated by the national community"
I join in the celebration of our Campus Warden, Mr. Fitzie Williams, on the receipt of a long overdue national award for Public Service. So many of us Mausicans can remember his kindiness, professionalism and, with Mrs. Daphne Cuffie, the co-leadership of the Mausica Teachers' College Choir.  What tremendous stewardship!
Mr. Williams and I co-authored the eulogy which he read at the funeral of our  esteemed College Principal Mr. Joseph (Harry Jo) and I have promised Anna Maria that I will send a copy to her in time for the 2013 Mausica Reunion.
Harry Jo.... Mr. Williams.... their impact on our young lives -- personally and professionally -- was immeasurable.
Two Harry Jo's maxims have stayed with me as a beacon of light and direction....
1. 'You cannot teach them if you do not love them'
2. 'This too shall pass'
Gwendoline (Peter) Williams (1967-1969)

No comments: