Sunday, September 16, 2012

RE: Another Mother Gone.


2012-Sep-15-2254Hrs
Hello Errol,
My condolences go out to Tom and his family.
On Friday night, while attending my church's Gala, I received news that my mother, Frances George, had passed. I had just donated a copy of "Remember Wen?" as a door prize. I returned to my seat and I told my wife that I felt I was going to win my own book. Just as the MC announced that ticket 1058 was the winner., my cell phone rang. The caller was my niece from California who tearfully suggested that I call home. I received the sad news that my mother had died at 8:58 p.m. I cried and smiled.  I felt my mother's presence reminding me to complete my  third book, "Passing The Torch".
All right Mammy, you will have a book dedicated to you.  Just like "Remember Wen?" was  dedicated to your husband and my stepfather, Ivan George.
On Wednesday,  Marjorie and I will leave for TNT.  Funeral services will be on Friday afternoon. Call 640-6040 for more details.
Rodney Foster

No comments: