Thursday, December 27, 2018

RE: Mausica

2018-DEC-22-1105Hrs
For decades now I have been saying that the biggest mistake made in education in the latter part of the 20th century, was the closing down of Mausica Teachers College.
I want to express my condolences to the families of THE CUFF and Elmo.
I was there from 1969 to 1971. There was a sports meeting between the training colleges during that time in south. Mausica won, and I approached her, saying that Mausica is going to make a victory lap around the field and we wanted her to lead us in the lap holding the trophy. She lead us in the lap, and what surprised me was that she did it maintaining the speed that she started with up to the end.
Her body is no longer with us, but her values, thoughts and commitment to education, remains with us and every student the we have influenced over our careers.
A LIFE WELL LIVED.
Garth Nicholas 71

No comments: