Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2018-NOV-30

2018-DEC-11-1640Hrs
Thank you, Errol for maintaining this blog.  It appears that I must have missed this entry for some reason.  And, only became aware of both Mrs. Cuffie's passing as well as now Elmo's as a result of a phone call I received from my sister this past Saturday.  As with every Mausican, I concur with all the plaudits of this amazing, awesome, wh, together with Mr. Williams, became that singularly awesome duo, that changed all our lives forever.   They left an enormous legacy for each of us to continue in the lives we would go on to affect.
I am not on my computer/cell phone as often as I probably should.  I must make an improved effort to be more diligent in that regard.
As for Elmo, I'm grieving the sudden loss of my friend!  Ever since Elmo had gotten my telephone # he would keep in touch with me from time to time,  over the years, especially on Christmas Eve without fail, when just about midnight as I, with my son, when he was younger, was setting the table for breakfast the next morning, while  listening  to the midnight Mass from Rome, the phone would ring.  It was Elmo on the other end.
The last time he had made one of his random calls from Trinidad, I had insisted on a telephone no. so that I could keep in touch with him.  When I had gotten around to trying the no. I was unsuccessful, and didn't quite know how to establish contact.
For those who knew Elmo Phillip, as I did, I was always impressed with his intellect, his voracity for knowledge and his depth of same.  He was very accomplished in a variety of academia, most notably, as I recall Mathematics & Spanish.  He was always upbeat, no matter how difficult a time he might be experiencing.  Always with a laugh in his voice, always seeking to know how the other person was doing.  And, just basked in being a Mausican,  loving & caring about everyone of us he knew.  I am smiling as I recall, a phone call from him was never remiss from him interspersing the conversation with, "I still love you,"  despite my consistent admonitions.  ?
I have, and will continue to miss this very special friend.  Still cannot believe he's gone.  I am hoping to get information on his funeral, and as well,  to be able to do something, perhaps send flowers.  I appreciate any assistance in getting that information.
I am so sorry to know that Elmo had suffered so much.  But so glad that his pain & discomforts are no longer.  May he rest in peace!
God Bless!!!
Joycelyn Marshall-Barnes 66

No comments: