Thursday, December 27, 2018

RE: A Joyful Christmas

2018-DEC-27-0140Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
I had a very joyful Christmas. I hope you did too.
First, on Christmas morning, a divine spirit led me to find Joy Valdez' book of poems. I had been searching for it for about a month.  It's inspirational, well written and illustrated.
If you have read  "It's Yours- My Gift of Poetry", read it again. If you haven't, get a copy today.
Next, I called Mervyn Sandy, my Havenite Brother. In the afternoon, I met Tony Lewis, ah fella from Point Fortin who living quite in Australia. Ah say, "Yuh know, meh pardnah, Kent Rennie?"
"Yes, man. Mr. Rennie teach me in Junior Sec."
Ah call de Rennies. Sister Bernice answer. She always cheerful. We exchange greetings, ole talk and laugh.  Then ah gang ah fellas arrive.  Bernice shout out, "Kentie. Rodney on de line."  (Yuh hear sweet name. Since 1966}
Me and Gizmo blag fuh ah while. Den ah pass de phone tuh Tony. More surprises. Dey talk
an den Gizmo tell him he know two of de moppers who just arrive. More ole talk and laughter, Dat lime was great
Ah even call Calypso Rose and she talk wit we. She is ah real TNT Queen.
Later in de  evening, ah call meh Havenite roommate, Carlsbury .His Mom batting like Lara; 103.
So long for now. All the best in 2019. Let's continue "Living The Legacy".
As usual,
Rodney Foster 66-68

No comments: