Thursday, August 02, 2007

Re: MAUSICA ALLUMNI AWARD OF MERIT
2007-Aug-02-2233hrs
Dear Maria,
Thank you for encouraging me to attend the reunion when my personal schedule seemed to be militating against it. My personal high was the tour and visit to Charlotteville. It will be long before I forget driving in the bus and feeling that wonderful air blowing in my face. That was heavenly. The company and the old talk made it complete.
It was wonderful to see the old faces, though, therewere some, at first, I did not recognize. We have not grown old, just differently wonderful. The camaraderie and joy in one another's presence made me feel that there was indeed a heavenly presence, with no negatives, no thought of crime, just the joy of being, enjoying and loving one another. I do love you all. Thanks for the memories. I trust you all enjoyed the ball for me. I will make it up in Grenada.
Rodney, on my flight to Saint Lucia and at nights there, after the exhausting schedule of the three-day seminar on Justice for Children, I read your books: Remember Wen and Walk in My Shoes. What happiness there is in remembering the good old days! Had I read them before, I would have bought quite a few books. I think they would make great Christmas gifts. Do publicize them well. They are best sellers.Trinbagonians, nay, West Indians at home and in the diaspora should grab them up. Congratulations!
I have a meeting in Trinidad in less than two weeks' time, so maybe I'll see some of you.
Errol, congrats on a reward well-deserved.
Scratch, next time, maybe, we'll get to chat some more.
All the best.
Hazel Thompson-Ahye

No comments: