Wednesday, August 01, 2007

RE: Mausica Allumni Award Of Excellence
2007-Jul-25
MAUSICA ALLUMNI OF ONTARIO AWARD OF MERIT

PRESENTED TO
ERROL LASHLEY
FOR EXIBITING
THE MAUSICA SPIRIT
BY GIVING OF HIS TIME
UNCONDITIONALLY FOR
THE BENEFIT OF ALL
PRESENTED JULY 20-24
TOBAGO. W.I.

The preceding is the inscription on a plaque presented to me at “The Rendezvous 03/07” on the occasion of the Gala Dinner/Dance on 2007-Jul-25-Wed.
I hereby extend my heartfelt thanks to the members of the Mausica Alumni of Ontario for bestowing this honour on me. I accepted it with tremendous pride.
I do believe in the Mausica Spirit and I simply wanted to make a small contribution at keeping that Spirit alive. It now appears that my contribution was a little more than small. It was truly heart warming to have so many individuals come up to me over the course of the three days in Tobago to express appreciation for those efforts. Prior to that, some people had sent e-mails expressing their thanks for the service. I even had a card mailed to me, “Errol, Best wishes and thanks for doing what you do so well!”, which is representative of all your comments. Teachers do know how to motivate.
The truth is I’m only a messenger. People slipped notes under my office door, so to speak, and I implemented the suggestions. I wish to express my gratitude to all of the Mausicans who sent in the e-mails and especially those who shared their reminiscences of their days at Mausica. You all made the pursuit of a hobby so enjoyable.
I cannot take all the credit though. A Mausican first asked if there was a web site. When I found none I created one - then another wanted to know if copies of previous e-mails were available and the blog was born.
I want to thank you all for making the job so easy and down-right rewarding. Without your contributions the award would not have been possible. This award must be shared with you all but I’m keeping it. I’ll always treasure it on your behalf.
I look forward to the next reunion in Grenada and all the e-mail traffic that it will generate and hopefully more Mausica History. I shall continue to perform the same service until advances in the technology dictate otherwise.
In the meantime, please pass on my e-mail address to other Mausicans. I’ve made it my mission to keep us connected.
My congratulations to the other award recipient, Brenda Alexander-Perez.

Errol Lashley
elashley@hotmail.com

P.S. I wish to extend my congratulations to the members of “The Rendezvous 03/07” organizing committee namely, Trinidad – Janice Barnes, Felix Edinborough, Hazel-Ann Gibbs DePeza, Anna Maria Mora, Barbara Mellowes; Tobago – Allan Clovis, Mike Duncan, Jasper Joefield and Eastlyn McKenzie, on a series of well-planned and flawlessly executed events. I had a marvelous time. Then again, we’ve grown accustomed to excellence from Mausicans.

No comments: