Sunday, September 08, 2013

RE:

2013-Sep-08-0119Hrs
A Disturbing Silence
Aye, Scratchy, yuh bring tears tuh meh eyes. How yuh bright so? How yuh coud write so? No wonder yuh is ah doctah. Keep up de insightful commentary and analyses.
However, ah cocksure Cox from de Coconut and I from Barataria.
Yes, my Havenite Brother, Fitzy mastered the power of Silence.
I remember one night I was involved in a rumble in the foyer outside HMJ Hall. Out of de blue, Fitzy appeared. Just looked at de crowd. Didn’t utter one word. Disappeared faster than he had appeared. De crowd melted away. And dat was de end of de confrontation.
Yes man , Mr Williams was ah real genius.
Ancil, students do check on Mr. Williams via phone and visits. Maureen Warner provides food daily, and my elders, Donald Walker and Angela and Trevor Ifill keep in close contact with him.
I visited Mr. Williams after the reunion. I am not afraid of most dogs. I talk to the three dogs, pothounds, as I enter the gates and never turn my back on them.
Did somebody say , “Dog doh bite dog.”?
On a more serious note. Both Mrs. Cuffie and Mr. Williams’ conditions are reflections of the times in which we live. They raise serious concerns about care for the elderly and about our preparation for those days.
Therefore, I suggest that we engage in these discussions now and formulate action plans to address them.
By the way, one of my batch mates stands ready to make a financial contribution to the Mausica Foundation. It would be an excellent testimony of “Living The Legacy” and “Leaving A Legacy”.
Sincere condolences to all the bereaved families. Brother Philip Kendall, may you rest in peace.
As usual,
Rodney Foster, 66-68

No comments: