Friday, September 06, 2013

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2013-Aug-29

2013-Sep-05-2144Hrs
Dear Errol,
The hardest thing about growing old is the fading memory. As I wait for the weekly blog, I am trying to remember  the calypso that got me into the calypso finals in 1969. Everyone remembers the calypso Mamas without Papas  that got me into trouble but not the calypso that put me into the finals. I was the only first Year i to make the finals with a calypso entitled: They refuse to choose a beautiful MSC. Kelvin Subran and I had lost the student council elections and I made a calypso on that .I recall the chorus was:
They refuse to choose a beautiful MSC
Just look at we
An MSC whose members were not nuts,
Just look at us
An MSC whose members were full of charm
Not of them could beat back Kelvin Subran.
There are so many happy memories of Mausica  I do hope we can have some mini reunions in between. We are always sharing sad news so let me share some happy news about my daughter's wedding in Miami last month, Here are a couple of photos.She had an African ceremony and a Catholic wedding.
Hazel Thompson-Ahye 70


No comments: