Thursday, January 14, 2010

RE: Mr. Maunday

2010-JAN-13-1226Hrs
I am in the BVI and am not keeping up to date via email.
While I felt that Mr. Mauday looked frail when I saw him at the NYC boat ride in June 2008 and I heard that he had fallen in Port-of-Spain a few months ago, I am distressed at his passing. Mr. & Mrs. Maunday adopted me from the first week that I entered Mausica. They gave me meals when I did not want to eat what was in the dining room - especially on weekends. I spent time at their home during the August vacation of 1964 and maintained a relationship with them for several years after I migrated. Mr. Maunday was the first person who realised that I had some creative skills and he encouraged me to try basket weaving, book binding and woodworking. He was an extremely patient and non-judgemental man and I always wished that I could speak with my father the way I was comfortable speaking with Mr. Maunday. I was blessed to have known him and the world has been a better place because of the gifts that he gave to many of us.
Sorry, I won't be able to make it to the funeral.
I am so sad.
Brenda
"And this too will pass."
Brenda Alexander-Perez

No comments: