Saturday, August 15, 2009

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS

2009-AUG-14-1400Hrs
Dear Friends,
Greetings to all! I thoroughly enjoyed Grenada, save for my mishaps. I am fine.My doctor here blames it on stress. Apparently, that is responsible for a lot of ailments.I am still working as hard as ever, though, preparing for a meeting in Halifax next week. Any Mausicans there?
I attended Allison's funeral and sang my heart out although our last conversation was her complaint about my singing at Cascadia. It was good to see some folks from our year group there whom I had not seen for many years.
I enjoyed immensely Rodney's 20th anniversary celebration. I am so glad I attended.I always thought it a coincidence that the piece I did at Jack Warner's Centre of Excellence for the Reunion was entitled : Remember When , Memories of Mausica Teachers' College, when I had not even heard of Rodney's book then. Great minds thinking alike or fools seldom differing? Take your pick. So far, Errol I do not know where my piece was saved, so I have not sent you an electronic copy as requested and have not gotten around to typing it over or scanning it in.Soon , soon.....
I have already started to advertise New York. It is only now that I am writing this that I remembered that I had taken some photos in Grenada that I have not yet down loaded and looked at.
I went on the Mausica compound to drop off one of my books for Claudette. Needs a Grell Cup clean up. Any takers?
Be happy. Be safe. Be patient with your loved ones and those whom you do not even like.
Hazel Thompson- Ahye

No comments: