Tuesday, April 23, 2013

RE:


2013-Apr-23-0829Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
Yesterday evening, I had an enjoyable visit with our dear Ms Cuffie at the Gordon Home on Marli Street. What a time!
For about forty-five minutes, Ms Cuffie and I chatted, laughed and reminisced about MTC.  We sang folk songs and hymns. I would start the song and Ms. Cuffie would join. I  held her hands as we sang "Is a long, long time dat I eh see yuh", Zeela, Itanami, Boca Chimes, Lead kindly Light,  and a few others. I read some pieces from my book, "Remember Wen?"  It was an evening well spent.
Ms. Cuffie is in good spirits. Bright eyed and and engaging.
When you visit,  you will be greeted by a beautiful, caring staff in a pleasant facility. It is a humbling experience; a look into the future. Be prepared to sing and read with her. There are some inspirational books on her night stand. Perhaps you may have an impromptu sing along  or reading with other residents of the home present.
So long for now.
As usual,
Rodney Foster 68

No comments: