Friday, April 12, 2013

RE: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS


2013-Apr-12-0714Hrs
It is good to see the name of a former San Fernando Government School student. I am one too as are all other members of my family. I am Ben Alleyne and my sisters Cris, Jerry, Jennifer, Andy, and Eon, along with brother Steve all attended. During my time Mr Simmons, Mr White, and Mr Webb were head masters. Yes, I lovingly remember Ms Hoyt as much for her excellent teaching as for her fastidious dressing. Never was she without matching stockings, shoes, or purse. My best experience was with Ms. Thompson a "kindergarten" teacher who discovered my ability to read and add and moved me from my first year, through second year, into first standard within one year. I ended up in Miss Guichard's class at age 6. I then got "skipped" to Mr. London in standard 3. My Lord, what a teacher. I had Ms. Hoyt in standard 4 and Mr. London again in standard 5. I also remember Miss Curry who played the piano, Mr. Samuel who used a major guava whip on his stubborn students, and Miss Patrick a wonderful singer. What great memories I had of my time at SG. I met some people I know up to this day: Winston Yallery who came from Teacher Bailey, the Whitemans, The Gangerdeens, The Leacocks, The Sheperds, and others. The trip down memory lane is worth it.
Bernice Stephens 65

No comments: