Friday, April 19, 2013

RE:


2013-Apr-19-0039Hrs
Dear Mausicans,
On Wednesday, April 17th, Selwyn's family, friends and colleagues gathered in loving memory of Selwyn's beloved wife Joan. It was the perfect day to a perfect celebration of her life.
Tribute to Joan Jacob
The side of Joan that I saw and knew was that of a remarkable human being with strong ethics. She possessed a beautiful spirit; one that was kind, and compassionate.  When in her company, I felt at ease, comfortable and at home.
To begin with, Joan was an independent, tenacious, highly intelligent and intuitive individual who spoke her mind and stood up for what she believed to be right and just.
Her keen mathematical mind and highly organized skills were undeniable in the meticulous manner in which she managed her household. From her spotless home with the utmost attention to detail, to her hosting ability, Joan deserves the highest credit.
 Joan once described herself as a minimalist and this was so evident in the simple and unpretentious yet sophisticated lifestyle she led. She once jokingly said, “I have champagne taste but lemonade money.” I laughed because this kind of humor resonates with me.
 I will always remember the wonderful shopping and fine dining experiences I enjoyed with both Joan and Selwyn over the years. In particular, 2011 Christmas dinner at the Jacobs was a real treat for me and an unforgettable celebration. Peace, grace, beauty and wisdom united the seven of us gathered that evening in sharing our gifts.
Joan and I had mutual respect and understanding for each other on a personal level. We listened and heard each other’s views and opinions on different aspects of life without judgment. Somehow it seemed as though we mirrored qualities of kinship that surpass both words and outward appearances. I will forever remember her as a true and genuine friend.
 I admire the relationship that Joan had with her husband Selwyn. They partnered each other well while allowing the other space to pursue individual interests. Needless to say, I would miss her dearly.
In the end, like she lived, she died with dignity. She always knew who she was and in the end where she was going.
 Alas, I bid you farewell my dear friend. You have touched my life and will be forever etched in my heart. Be at peace and keep smiling down on us from on high until we meet again….
 Love and Peace,
Bernadette
Bernadette Pierre 66

No comments: