Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Re: Mausica Reunion
2007-Mar-05-0106hrs
Colleagues:
I want to begin by congratulating Errol and all the others who are keeping us so informed and together. However, I would also like to make a few suggestions. Reunion 2007 will be my first. I enjoy reading the comments from fellow Mausicans and would love the trip up to T'go, etc., etc, but what are we doing as a group to improve the teachers and children of our nation? Are we doing what the great Cuffie, Hordatt, Woods, etc. did for us - are we sharing and passing on knowledge? We speak so wonderfully about them, what will others say about us? What is the legacy we want to leave as Mausica alumni? I would like to see some effort put into something - can we with our wealth of experience devote a day or half-day to running a professional development workshop for teachers in T&T, as we reminisce? I will personally lead that committee.
Now turning to Jasper's letter: What are we seeking assistance from T'go for? Shouldn't we who have learnt so much from the great Mrs Cuffie who has given so much of her time freely be giving back to T&T, why are we seeking assistance? I reiterate his question, can someone give the rationale for drawing the Chief Secretary into this?
Adelia

No comments: