Friday, January 31, 2014

RE: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2014-JAN-30

2014-JAN-31-1253Hrs
I too am saddened by the passing of Darnet Luke and pray for the repose of his soul. I am especially grateful  to him for he taught me to make ham and bacon so that I did not have to buy the expensive ham but just bought the pork leg for ham and other pieces of pork to make the bacon and what I found was that my’ Darnet instructed’ ham was just as good or even better than what was on the market. However now I no longer make ham for I am vegetarian. Thank you Darnet, may your soul rest in peace.
On another note (pun intended), the song Lulu where we sing Lulu faint away should really be Lulu ‘feint’ away. I know that we have been interpreting it through the years as ‘faint’ and I have never tried to correct it but you will realize teachers that ‘feint’ makes more sense as the shy country gal who is approached by a man (at that time) would ‘feint’ away.  That is why the man calls her a ‘yella gal’. She fraid man.
Felix Edinborough 65

No comments: