Sunday, January 26, 2014

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2014-JAN-24

2014-JAN-26-1613Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
I vividly recall Darnet Luke.
Darnet was like a big Brother. He attended Osmond High School in San Juan like I did.  He  lived the Mausica motto and showed me how to become a true Mausican when I arrived there in 1966. Darnet  was one of the key participants in the Folksong Choir. He sang, played the cuatro and  he and Paddy dramatized "Lulu", one of the favorite songs of  Mauscia Teachers Chorale Society.
Since I heard the sad news. I have been singing, "Well ah put meh han on Lulu an Lulu faint away. Oh lawd , meh yellow gyul doh faint away."  I vividly recall the fun times we had whenever we performed songs like that for our adoring audiences. In fact, the folksong choir was like a gigantic billboard for MTC. I learned of Mausica Teachers College when I heard their recordings over the radio.
Would somebody kindly call the local radio stations and request that they play some of our tunes in memory of Darnet Luke and Jorsling Petrs, cuatro players par excellence, and all other bereaved Mausicans and their families ?
May their souls rest in peace and rise in glory.
As usual,
Rodney Foster 66-68.

No comments: