Saturday, January 04, 2014

RE: Initiation

2014-JAN-04-0748Hrs
Dear Errol:
Happy New year to you brother. And to your loved ones. I join with others who commend you for your great service to us Mausicans.
With respect to the accident. Rudy and Janice were others hurt.
Jorsling Peters and wife had twin sons who were at UTT working on teaching degrees. I taught and interacted with one of them. Some comfort here that the teaching gene was passed on.
I heard about the Legend of Jorsling from my roomate and others. A classic Mausican.
I enjoyed reading Felix's account of the experience of Pioneers. The group in my estimation could, on evidence,  not have been better chosen. Among their ranks were some creatively gifted people. The group are greatly responsible for the continuity we've got. I have often wondered why initiation was required of other groups since the first group were exempt. Reading what Felix says, I think that the pioneers might have had the toughest initiation of all. They came in under conditions of uncertainty. No beds for many, bush for a sports field.
I thank the pioneers for running that critical first leg, on an obstacle course, and for developing and nurturing much of what we now deem to be hallmarks of a Mausican.
It would be great if we could hear from others about that pioneer experience, especially personal accounts, or critical incidents.
Scratchy.
Theodore Lewis 69

No comments: