Thursday, January 16, 2014

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2014-JAN-10

2014-JAN-16-2140Hrs
Dear Errol,
Another Mausican has left us.I attended the funeral of Ann Shipley yesterday.She was 1969-71, I believe. I was so touched to see so many children there although she had retired a few years before. I have attended many teachers' funerals but never before saw so many children present.The children in their Brownies, Girl Guides and Red Cross uniforms formed a guard of honour and stood with bowed heads when the casket was wheeled down the aisle. I felt a lump in my throat. From the eulogy, I learnt that she had been in charge of the Brownies.I had not seen her for many years,but remember her as a gentle smiling lady with  a charming lisp.I could not stay for the entire service as the Child Protection Task Force had been asked by the Prime Minister to attend the launch of a child sexual abuse project at the Hyatt.I opted to go late rather than not attend Ann's funeral.
Take care, fellow Mausicans.
Hazel Thompson-Ahye 70

No comments: