Friday, November 22, 2013

RE:

2013-Nov-22-0805Hrs
Dear Errol:
Our brother Dennis Ramlal provides some very interesting history of the College. I am wondering if Philo was there from the start and then broke away for a while to come back later...because I think he came in while I was there, having been at UWI working on his degree and being head of the guild there. In 1969 the black power boys came up...he said they came for "advice". I think he came in in 67. Alisford will know for sure.
I am wondering if Matron was a pioneer.....and also Scanty. What about Julien, and st. Rose???? All characters in the great play.
What about Sandra Pouchet....when did she start on Campus...Is emeritus Professor University of Miami. Taught english at the college.
Also when the the Canadians start coming...We had Brown and Jepson in 67-69...met them there.....But I heard there were others who would have left by 67.
"Monthly birthday parties with Dutchies and Mano Marcelin? Wow.
Jack Warner was the Minister of Entertainment for that group, and would have been busy.
When did the robbery take place....all of the student allowances highjacked?? I am wondering if the food poisoning was the basis of Trevor's "tootooah"??
I think "every time ah pass" was a La Petite Musical" song...and we did not like La Petite....in fact we dethroned them as the power in folk singing. It was fantastic to see the faces of the children in the photos......remembrances ....
Mausica, doh leh me go you know
Dat ah love you so!
Mausica doh leh me go you Know
That I love you so
(Leroy Cox' mournful anthem, that I understand better with the passing years).
Rodney, tell Carlsbury I say to throw me a bone....fantastic havenite....best alround male student, class of 1968.
Scratchie
Theodore Lewis 69

No comments: