Saturday, November 02, 2013

RE: Rodney's ideas

2013-Nov-01-1010Hrs
I hear what Rodney is saying. And I listened to Efebo on this while we were on campus as part of reunion celebrations.
I think we have to be realistic. That 64 acres of absolutely prime land will not be set aside as a museum by any government. 
I think that some of the activities for which the space is currently used --mainly the training and moulding of Youth are vital and in keeping with our values...the idea of Moulding a nation.
The Milat /Mypart Academy now occupies the space. Here is the url.
http://milatmypart.blogspot.com/
If they could develop the space more fully to hone these youth, that I think will be satisfying for most of us.
I also think that the space could also be used to consolidate UTT teacher education programmes.
I would like to see the whole place modernized and used for education purposes, rather than,say, to expand a chicken farm.
We need a human project for posterity. Many Mausicans are now in the third semester of life, and we are seeing weekly the consequences of that. Perhaps a document that tries to include a photograph of every single Mausican who ever graced the hallowed place, including lecturers, along with a paragraph about them.
Scratchie
Theodore Lewis 69

No comments: