Sunday, November 17, 2013

RE: Voices In meh head.

2013-Nov-17-0802Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
Ii's 3:35 a.m in Los Angeles, CA, and I can't sleep. I wanted to share some thoughts on our blog.
First, I want to thank Donald for liking my spirit. Most Mausicans have that spirit. It was planted there by the visionaries who taught us at MTC. They encouraged us to think big.; have big dreams.
So Donald, leh de wild animals have ah good time reproducing. More wild meat wen dey lift de ban!
Thanks for sharing the update on the status of the 2015 Reunion Committee. Perhaps we could have two events : one in Venice and the other in TNT.
Charity begins at home. Therefore, I would much prefer to cruise down the Caroni River and see the Scarlet Ibis roost at sunset. Many of us have never had that experience. Marj and I would prefer that cruise.
Another thought . What about putting up a monumental sign at the junction of the Highway and Mausica Rd?  Mausica Teachers Blvd. 1963-79.
I predict that next year the winners and most of the participating schools will sing folk songs that Mausica Teachers College Chorale Society recorded.
Okay, Maria. Time out over. Get back on de court or coach from de sidelines.
I remember those days when Mausicans were competing against one another at all those festivals. Competition was keen. Half a point separated  the winners who scored in the high nineties. It was mas.
By de way ,last week Wednesday, Nov 6th' I had a frightening experience on board a jumbo jet from Atlanta to Los Angeles. As the plane was about to land,  I felt it leaning precariously toward the left. I was upside down.  But why was nobody screaming? I may have wondered aloud, as a true Havenite, "Wat de *%#@ goin orn?" Like wen ah get ah bad drive on de freeway. Marj trying hard tuh break meh use of expletives. I really cannot recall everything. However, when the plane landed safely,
I had to rush to the washroom and void my stomach. I had to be assisted off the plane and take a wheelchair to Baggage Claim. I called a friend, Mike Nicholas, to pick me up and drop me to my hotel.  Early that morning, on my way to the bathroom, I fell heavily on my left side. I went down on all fours to make it back to bed. I called  Marj and requested that she take the next flight to LAX.  Later I talked to two friends, Dr. Delores Alleyne  and Dr. Rebecca Alleyne., mother and daughter, who suggested that I go immediately to either UCLA or Cedars Sinai Hospital. I called meh pardnah, Vince Samuel, who took me to Cedars. On my way there, my roommate, Carlsbury, called me to express his thanks for the birthday greeting I had sent him that same day,  Nov7th. When I described my symptoms to him, he informed me that he  had survived a similar experience. That information helped  remove my fears.
At Cedars, I had favorable MRI results and I spent the night for observation.  Presently feeling all right. About 90%. Marj is doing all the driving. .
By de way , if yuh see meh picture on Facebook, wit two different men entering and leaving ah hotel, doh jump tuh no outrageous conclusions. Efebo, Scratchie and Happy doh make no kaiso  on me! Ah was only holdin dey arm fuh support.
Wat! is 4:46 a.m. Ah gorn. Dey keep telling meh to take ah rest. So before wifey boof meh up. Ah gorn.
As usual,
Rodney Foster 68

No comments: