Thursday, November 08, 2012

RE: Thanks


2012-Nov-08-1701Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
I have been a bit hesitant in writing ever since one of my dear friends told me that some people didn't like my use of  our Trini dialect, our language, in my contributions. Until someone can provide me with an accurate, flavorful, Standad English translation for "Aye, hear nah man." I have decided stick to my style.
Eating ah roti wit knife an fork could never be as enjoyable as eating one wit yuh fingers. Try eating ah doubles wit knife an fork!
I believe that my description of de lime by meh pardnah Clive Grell in Arima may have prompted that comment.
Imagine ah lime wit fellas like Ralphie Precilla, Caton, Alisford, Lloyd Brown, Leslie Greenidge, Selwyn Thompson,
Taitt, Andre, Efebo, Clive and yours truly. Two women: meh wife, Marjorie and Mary, Clive wife. Food and drinks flowin. Enless recollections, plenty  **it talk and lots of laughter. It eh have no other language dat could accurately describe dat experience but Trini dialect. So allyuh leave meh alone. I am back.
Aye, hear nah man, the numerous expressions of condolence on the  passing of my mother are greatly appreciated. It's a blessing to be a member of the Mausican family. Some attended the wake nights, the funeral and the repast, catered by Clive and Mary; others called or sent emails. Heather and  Linda from Villanova, Havenites Geez, Scratchie and Efebo, it was good hearing from you. I look forward to seeing you at Reunion 2013.
Fellas , we will sing our version of Guantanamera.
Dats all fuh now. Please share your views on the use of Trini and Tobago dialect in our literature.
What's the difference between the two. Well hear dis. My uncle in Tobago told my sister, Paula, dat his wife "had operation yesterday". Paula thought de woman had some kind of surgery.  De woman had de ***ttings, diarrhea.
Ah gorn.
As usual,
Rodney Foster.

No comments: