Friday, November 23, 2012

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS


2012-Nov-22-2119Hrs
Maureen, your ideas are certainly worth exploring.
I feel sure that one area of interest would be the leadership style of our first college principal Mr. Harry Joseph ('Harry Jo' as we all fondly called him), along with that of Mr. Fitzjames Williams, Mrs. Daphne Cuffie and Mr. Roland Maunday. I have promised Maria to send her the eulogy of 'Harry Jo' read by Mr. Williams at the memorial service. In it are insights  of the vision for modernizing education, and moreso, the teaching profession.
Speaking for myself, I have been a beneficiary of this vision. I think of  the 'Grell Cup' competition for the hostels and the embedding of he idea of a maintenance regime for the College; networking with other educational institutions viz. ECIAF... the list can go...
Gwen Williams (1967-1969)

No comments: