Friday, January 18, 2013

RE: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS


2013-Jan-18-0915Hrs
May I wish all Mausicans and their loved ones love, peace, joy, happiness and showers of blessings for 2013 and thereafter. I see that Pat has “bigged up” my attempt at a calypso. Thank goodness she could not write the music because there was none to write J. Hoever let me give you some of what I remember:
Ah ole mosquito was dying
If you hear how the wife was crying (2 lines twice)
Before he pass away
He had someting to say
So he call he family in union
And dis was his confession
Chorus
Ah bite up man in dee morning
Ah bite up man in dee evening
Ah sorry for what ah do
But ah bite up some woman too
All dem mosquito gather
And dey crying for dey father (2 lines twice)
But one mosquito name Bill
Only studying ‘bout the will
So he bend dong and ask his father
To leave him a barrel of yellow fever
(this was accompanied by appropriate buzzing but Buzzie was not part of the chorus J.)
[I am thinking of quickening up the tempo and singing it as soca.]
Felix Edinborough

No comments: