Sunday, January 13, 2013

RE: Calling all Mausicans, especially calypso singers, and calypso lovers.


2013-Jan-12-1856Hrs
Theodore Lewis, Scratchie, Mausica Calypso king of 69, wrote to me suggesting we include a section of the College's history, on Calypsoes as social commentary.
(All I am hearing in my head is "and the Pudding tumble down as the Joe was speaking, and the Pudding tumble down, and mash up the evening.")
I tossed the project back to him.He tossed part of it back to me.
Now here is YOUR part.
What calypsoes do You remember?
Who composed/sang them?
What year was that?
Did you enter the competition?
Did you win? If not, who won?
You may do this also for friends who have passed on to the ancestors, if you recall the details
Theodore's chapter will include, we hope, actual lyrics, in chronological order, attributed to their owners,  with commentary by him.
Now, this is a big effort, and there is no time to waste.
So, as soon as this gets to you, I want you to please get busy. It will be in the blog, but in the meantime, each one who receives this, from me or Scratchie, is asked to forward it to others within a day, so that responses will begin coming it.. (Treat it as a hot piece of gossip nuh, and tell everybody.)
We want to hear from you. ASAP
Linda Edwards
Mrs. Linda Romain.
Lecturer, 1967-69.

No comments: