Friday, August 31, 2012

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS


2012-Aug-31-0621Hrs
Hi Errol,
Very rarely do I comment on blog postings, but I so thoroughly enjoyed Linda Edwards' reminiscences of August 31st 1962, that  I am moved to respond. Thank you Linda for the memories.
I too remember the excitement at the time.  There was electricity in the air. I was attended Naparima Girls High School, and at Skinners Park, on August 30th 1962,  there was a huge school children rally.  I remember the nation building songs, being heavily rotated  on the radio - no TV at that time , at least in South - and of course Dr Eric Williams - the giant of a man, with his dark shades, hearing aid, and his  staccato voice - advising us schoolchildren, on the eve of independence, that we 'carried the future of Trinidad and Tobago in our school bags'
What a time! What hope! What limitless possibilities awaited us!
What went wrong?
Happy 50th T&T.
Best Regards
Irmin G. Lewis-McKenzie
Life is not a dress rehearsal, so in the time of your life ....... LIVE!
Irmin G. Lewis-McKenzie

No comments: