Saturday, June 04, 2011

RE: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS

2011-Jun-03-1404Hrs
Hello fellow Mausicans
I have followed the prep and planning for the New Yprk reunion with great interest, and pride in the organising team who are really taking this labour of love so seriously.  I am unable to attend for various reasons, but my thoughts will be with you all.   It will seem like ages till 2013 when Trinidad will be the golden venue.   I trust that by 2012 good.  and reliable access ( sea and air) to Montserrat will be in place so that those of you who are so minded can come and check us out in the interim year.  August 2011 will mark my 30th year on the island of Montserrat and I have never regretted coming here, as it brought me closer ( than the UK) to Trinidad, land of my birth , and Guadeloupe which allowed me to spread my French wings.
The volcano has been reasonably quiet since Feb 2010,   We are getting serious about exploitation of Geothermal energy and good things are happening even in our depressed economy.  So think about it.  check www.visitmontserrat.com  for info on the island and www.mvo.ms for up to the minute news re the volcano which you can actually see face to face!   Have a great reunion and please  take on Buzzie's request to sort out your accommodation needs.   No one should be frazzled  when the time comes around.
Blessings, pat
Sydna Belgrove, did you live in Oilfield Fyzabad? where are you now?
The attachment is the photo of a stone I found during my morning walk last Wednesday... it is faithful in form and proportions to the island of Montserrat. A very uncanny detail is a proportionately large "bump" where the volcano dome is located in the south east!.   I keep on wondering if someone manufactured this and left it around to be found!
Pat Ryan

No comments: