Saturday, November 15, 2008

RE: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS
2008-Nov-15-0645hrs
I missed what Jasper was congratulating Carlston for, but I'm sure it's worth my congratulations too. Congrats Jasper on your promotion. I am pleased to say that I attended one of the performances of "Bitter Cassava", it was great. Last evening, I also attended the book launch of "A Place In The World: Essays and Tributes in Honour of Earl Lovelace @ 70". The launch was part of UWI's 60th anniversary celebrations. It really was wonderful. Dr Leroy Calliste entertained us. Also in the SPEC were Bro. Resistance and other popular cultural personalities . I was able to purchase the book and get some of the great literary minds who made contributions to autograph it for me. Earl Lovelace signed on the page where my picture appears with him signing my copy of "Salt". I'm still beaming this morning.
Joy Valdez

No comments: