Sunday, November 23, 2008

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY E-MAILS
2008-Nov-21-0402hrs
There are some things about Mausica that will forever be etched in my memory.I will never ever forget the scene in the lecture theatre of Gerard Francis of Grenada strumming his guitar and singing to Marie Louise in the presence of all of us:"She wears my ring." He even went down on his knees to her. Such theatre!
On another note, as You know I am here for my year's sabbtical(hopefully forever, let's see what God says). It is great to go on my stomping ground of Trincity Mall and meet old friends.Last evening when I was there,I met an old Mausican, Bridget Haye from Tobago(I do not recall her maiden name) You may remember she used to run her own preschool in Trincity and, for some years, also headed UWI's pre- school, where both my children attended.She is not enjoying the best of health, I am afraid.
While we were chatting a lady, whom I believe cares for Mrs. Cuffie, came by. She told us that Mrs. Cuffie is not doing so well. I have not spoken to De Cuff since her birthday last January. Bridget and I plan to visit soon. Meanwhile I am giving out De Cuff's phone number so those of you who wish,can call and say Hello.It is 640-5948. I am also going to pay Fitzie a visit.I have to brace myself for "the mouth" as he is still not easy in that area.Endless talks and laughs to make my cheeks hurt.
Hazel Thompson-Ahye( 1968-70)

No comments: