Saturday, September 20, 2008

RE: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS
2008-Sep-20-0829hrs
Errol,
I was on the verge of a serious attack of the shakes when the blog arrived... you have spoilt me with Wednesday and Thursday arrivals. I do look forward to the news. As one who is somewhat wiser for my years, I want to suggest that we try not to reopen the wounds caused by insensitivity and lack of respect. We are all bigger and better than that.
It still warms my heart to remember that the dynamic duo of the pioneer years took one week to produce a choir which ably presented JESU, JOY OF MAN'S DESIRING and BLESS THIS HOUSE .... in four parts! at the Formal opening of MTC on September 16, 1963. Rather than leave us to boredom and moaning about what was missing and why lectures could not begin, they set up a programme which brought us together in the first of many bonding activities.
Anna Maria thanks for the Grenada update. The blog also put me in touch with Maureen Lewis. Linda Edwards also became a friend at the last reunion... we are in regular contact too. Little by little I am gathering a clique( hello Fanny! ) of later Mausicans. No one has yet responded to my suggestion that we have a gathering in Grenada to learn more about the history of the later years at Mausica.
Pat Ryan

No comments: