Monday, September 15, 2008

RE: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS
2008-Sep-13-0942hrs
Hi All,
Back after a too short hiatus. Linda, I too did not like "Little Black Boy" as a message to our youth and did a response to it, (in the Sunday Mirror) just as it came out. I think very strongly that we need to be more positive in our messages to our youth, "even Singing Sandra's "Voices from the Ghetto" (I cannot really dance to), I have problems with. I have met many positive and focussed people from "The Ghetto" and those are the ones who we must sing about and write about and hold up to our nation's youth, those who are not getting into trouble, whose parents are struggling to expose them to character-building activities, and positive personality development. It is time to stop the negative vibes. I saw a very inspirational piece on a young man who went from "Jail to Yale", yesterday when I was in Miami. It was awesome, but young people must know that they do not have to go through so much pain and spiritual destruction, then "rise from the ashes." We must work at preventing them from becoming "ashes." Yes, they will get burnt a little, like we all did and some of us are still doing, but we must be taught to recognize that we can walk through the fire and come out on the other side whole, a little singed and not reduced to ashes. The rebuilding process can also be painful, and if the spirit is weak, it may never be rebuilt. The men and women I see on the streets of Port of Spain and evirons (that growing population of street dwellers, need a lot of hard, hard work to bring them back to "life". I vow that the young people who come into my space will never be reduced to "ashes." I tell them that no parent, no system, no teacher, nobody will do that to them. Of course many of them think that I am a little crazy or off the wall , myself, but you have to be a little bit to work with young people these days, so I am told.
Pat, asked about info, re: Grenada, I will be sending an email to Alphonsus today. You all should now by now that T&T Mausica is having a reunion on November 29th at Cascadia. Tickets available from Judith Hills-Lennard (South-Central), Phyllis Mottley (Trincity), Anthea Permell( Arima) and many others, do not have their names, but I am sure that the organizers will let all of you know about this as it gets closer. We are hoping that by Nov. we will have all the info. necessary.
I told Pat, that there is a small hotel called "Tropicana" that is easily accessible by public transport, not posh but comfortable, stayed there when I went to do trauma work after Hurricane Ivan. Will be asking Alphonsus about this. To all of you, a World full of Love and Blessings Abundant.
ANna Maria
Hi Janice F, Long time no hear.
Anna Maria Mora

No comments: