Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2013-Dec-13

2013-DEC-17-0443Hrs
Amazing recollections!!  Even more amazing, to me  is that during the same time that Theodore was at Mausica, as I was, and that I had become the lead female vocalist after Joan and Eulalie had graduated, performing in every choir on campus, specialty ones  like "The Under Twenty Category for Music Festivals, with notable solos as Panis Angelicus, Boca Chimes, Evening Time, and several others performed on many stages including Music Hall.  Who remembers that Mausica First when an entire concert was broadcast on radio from that same venue. Oh, and our famed hundred voice folk song choir, under the baton of ma Cuff and Mr. Williams, the likes of which Trinidad and had never seen,  Yet some  people and their associations were mentioned more than once, and nothing of a Joy Marshall!  The intent is not to toot my own horn.  That has never been who I am.  Just a reminder that I was there.
Nevertheless, I continue to have fond memories of that time and the relationships formed. I have been blessed to have been able to make those contributions. and others, to the Mausican Campus.  I wish every one an enjoyable Christmas, and a New Year filled with every good thing.  God Bless!!!  Joy Marshall - Barnes.
Joycelyn Marshall-Barnes 66

No comments: