Tuesday, December 04, 2012

RE: Living The MausicanLegacy.


2012-DEC-04-1032Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,,
This morning, as I was about to read my Daily Word, I spotted "Mausica Looking Back", a collection of poems penned by my Haven Brother, Carver Milton Scobie.
What a delightful reexperience! I had read the book several times before but this time I discovered new insights into the genius of  Carver Milton Scobie, that man from Sangre Grande.
I urge you to get a copy of this booklet.
At Reunion 2011 in New York, we had a Mausica Network session during which Mausicans displayed and sold their goods and services. I suggest that we repeat this event when we Return to Mausica. Authors, artists, entrepreneurs, toute monde come prepared to showcase your talent, your gifts.
NALIS hosts storytelling and other events that could help us in "Living The Leg acy". Contact Debbie Goodman at Nalis.
During one of my brainstorms with Me, Myself and I, we reflected on the Grell Cup, the hostel Flags, the blankets, the kitchen utensils, the mace, the trophies we won, etc. Where are those artifacts?
Would the conservationists return them for archiving at some museum or UWI and UTT? Some time in 66-68, some plates and teacups with the burgundy MTC logo were introduced. They quickly vanished..  I should have "conserved" a few sets.
Ah wonder if meh visionary pardnahs , Efebo and Geezmo,  could put dey hands on ah set or two. There will be no questions asked.
Performers start rehearsing your acts for the concert. at "Return to Mausica."  In 2011, the "We Limin" session at Hofstra was a g reat success. We transformed a barren classroom to Queens Hall. We will have a ball in the familiar HMJ Hall.
So long for now, my dear friends. Spread the word, "Reunion 2013" will be great.
As  usual,
Rodney Foster

No comments: