Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS

2012-Apr-18-2018Hrs
Hello Mausicans,
I had a God time in TNT. Wherever I  turned God was present and guiding me.
On March 20th, my 82 year old uncle and I arrived in TNT. Marj was already there caring for my mother who was dehydrated and hardly eating or drinking.  I am happy to report that on April 10th when we returned to Atlanta, my mother's health had improved significantly.
Angels appeared in the form of ordinary people who stopped by to visit and lift my mother's spirits. The house was full of laughter and love. One day,  as I looked out the kitchen window,  I saw a lady passing by.  I said "Hello." She  offered me an extra daily paper that she had accidentally received at the shop.  I told her of my mother's condition. She informed me that she was a caregiver. She is now providing daily care for my mother.
My Mausican sister, Anna Maria, took time out of her busy schedule to help us examine different health care options which included visiting three nursing homes. Three days later we attended a meeting with some other Mausicans to plan for Reunion 2013. Dat gyul like salt. She in everyting. I appeal to my fellow Mausicans to come forward and help make Reunion 2013 a grand event. All hands on deck.
Aye hear nah, meh pardnah, Alisford, pass and pick up me an Marj and take we tuh Naparima Bowl. "Talk Tent" was hilarious.
De followin Monday,  we had ah mini reunion by Clive Grell in Arima. Of course, Alisford was dey too. Lloyd Brown bring he "Horse", Leslie Greenidge. Efebo, Caton, Taitt, Thompson , Andre and Ralphie Prescilla attended. Marj too. Clive and Mary roll out de red carpet. We had pastelle, black cake, roti and a variety of drinks. We reminisced. We sang old time Mausica kaiso. Take ah drink fuh Beck. Agreed dat Aqui was de best footballer and dat Leroy Cox kaiso, "Mausica", was de most popular calypso. " Solid Seven" combo made it into ah national hit. De lime was great.
By de way, ah conacted Scratchy,by phone. We talk fuh about ah hour. Dat Havenite real bright, boy.
Congrats to Hazel Thompson-Ahye.
Also baritone, Philbert Hislop. Ah see he win ah Ken Okley Award in de Music Festival.
Everywhere yuh turn yuh could find ah Mausican "Leaving A Legacy".
Yes, man, TNT still sweet. Ah love it.
Rodney Dolphus Foster

No comments: