Monday, August 01, 2011

RE: Mausica Gallery

2011-Aug-01-0721Hrs
Hello Errol,
It was great seeing you at the Big Apple Reunion.
Would you kindly share this information with the Mausica Family?
Rodney
________________________________________
From: "RONALD WILSON"
To: rodneyfoster4050@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 12:42:53 AM
Subject: FW: Mausica Gallery
________________________________________
From: ron_wilson16@msn.com
To: tiaga.san@gmail.com; rodneyfoster4050@comcast.com
Subject: Mausica Gallery
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:30:44 -0400
Hi Anna Maria, Rodney,
Congratulations Anna Maria on your election as Deputy Political Leader of COP, a really challenging assignment, every success to you!
I was going through my Mausica e-mail and I noted your suggestion regarding Mausicans who have a mark here or there. It made me try to recollect whether I had done anything worthwhile with all the opportunities I have had and I came up with a couple worth filing away for future reference.
1. At Workers Bank, I was instrumental in and overall responsible for the introduction of Automatic Banking in Trinidad and Tobago and established the very first Automatic Banking Machine in T & T in 1978 at the Independence Square & Duncan St. Head Office. I became Asst. General Managerof the Bank.
2. At Chaguaramas Development Authority where I became General Manager/CEO, I was single handedly responsible for regaining for Trinidad and Tobago the remaining lands retained by the US Government for its own use, when Chaguaramas was returned to Trinidad & Tobago. A little known fact was that at the time of the famous restoration, three large areas in the middle of Chaguaramas, identified as N1, N2 and N3 and perhaps the areas most desirable for development, were not part of the Agreement and weren't transferred, so we could do nothing with it. i immediately set about negotiating for its return so that we could proceed with our development plans and succeeded in 1991 when the lands were eventually handed over by US Ambassador Sally Cowal.
3. Together with Ian Gianetti, we planned designed and engineered the development of Chaguaramas from the derelict wasteland that it was when I joined the CDA in 1989 to the Yachting and Entertainment Capital of Trinidad & Tobago within a few short years, notwithstanding considerable difficulties and challenges from Governmental agencies.
4. As a Director of the Unit Trust Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago I contributed to the development of the Unit Trust from the struggling organisation it was when I joined in 1988 to one of the real success stories of the local financial sector. I don't claim responsibilty for its development but I admit I made my contribution.
5. As President of the Association of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Trinidad and Tobago, I was instumental in and one of the driving forces behind the modernisation of Companies Legislation in Trindad & Tobago and  worked on the Committee that drafted and persued the enactment of the new Companies Act in 1997. This Act replaced the outdated Act of 1948 and removed many of the restrictions hindering private investment in Trinidad and Tobago and opened the way for massive development which followed including foreign direct investment.
6. I was instrumental in the establishment of the Institute of Banking of Trinidad and Tobago, was elected to its first Board of Directors and became its fourth President in 1989.
Along the way, I placed first in the world in the Professional Examinations of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, UK in 1983.
I had the honour and privilege to go to Mausica twice : once as a pioneer student and later as Mathematics Lecturer in 1971.
Thanks for spurring me to recollect.
regards!
Ron.
Rodney Foster

No comments: