Thursday, May 26, 2011

RE: Mausica

2011-May-26-0500Hrs
Hello Errol,
I.m back.
Have a good day.
Rodney
"Hello My Fellow Mausicans,
I’m back.
Imagine my surprise about a month ago when Maria said I had offered something for the Reunion. . I didn’t remember making any promises. As I racked my brain to recall the memory, I continued reading. Then I discovered she was referring to Ambassador  Rodney Charles. Imagine my relief. I never knew there were so many Rodneys from Mausica..
Congratulations, Ambassador Rodney. Looking forward to meeting you at the reunion.
To avoid any mix up in de future, call me Rodney F,  Dolphus or Foster.
By de way, ah have  ah big debate goin on in meh head. “Who was de best calypsonian tuh pass thru Mausica, de best Road March and de best composition. In my day, 1966-1968, we had some real good ones: Ramdoo, Lester Efebo Wilkinson, Ten Dollar Fine,,  Selwyn Beckles , War, Gregory Byrne, Watchman, Cecile Nicholson, Yuh bong tuh come back Again, and ah girl called Zephyr and Agnes Carnovan. Later on I heard about Crooner, Happy and Joe Stephens. Among de pioneers there were Trevor Davis and Gelly. For best composition and national hit, my vote goes to my roommate, Leroy Cox. His calypso, Mausica, is a classic. Solid Seven, a combo from La Brea, recorded it and called it Go Go calypso.
Yuh know wat, forget de debate. Just bring musical instruments and copies of de lyrics.
We go sing and dance and have ah good lime. Bring ah bottle and some finger foods.. Ah deck ah cards fuh dem Brag players. Remember we staying in ah hostel. . PS. No flooding of de people hostel. Keep ah eye on Sieurattan.
As usual,
Rodney"
Rodney Foster

No comments: