Thursday, December 29, 2016

RE: Living the Legacy

2016-DEC-28-1430Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
I hope you all had a blessed and enjoyable Holiday and are looking forward to a healthy and prosperous 2017.
As we approach Reunion 2017, several thoughts come to my mind: how are we "Living the Legacy",  what is Mausica's Legacy?
Today, I shared one of my thoughts with Brother Efebo. What would it take to have a Mausica Teachers' College Day in TNT?
Efebo expanded the idea to include all teachers. He suggested that we approach TUTA. His plate is full of activities at this time?
Can the planning committee and other volunteers explore the possibility of having a National Teachers Day that would recognize the contributions of all teachers to the success of our country?
On another note. I know that our DJ, Alisford,  and his son are selecting the tunes to have us dancing and singing, and falling in love again. In 2013, they gave us "Samba Pa Ti". In 2017, I am requesting two tunes:"Brias del Zulia" a castillian and "Air on A G String", a Sel Duncan bolero.
So my friends, start practising. Let's keep constructing the Mausica Legacy.
A Mausican Sistah, Annette Phillip, just called. She is visiting her son in Stone Mountain, GA. Just about 400 yards from my home.
See you later.
As usual,
Rodney Foster 66-68.

No comments: