Thursday, July 30, 2015

RE: Please include on the blog.

2015-JUL-29-1328Hrs
Thanks Errol.

"Mausica Reunion 2015
I would like to thank every individual who attended the Mausica Teachers’ “Family” reunion in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Thanks for the very lovely experience we shared together. The reunion provided myriad examples of virtues that contributed to making it the very pleasant experience that it was for me. There was Angela’s quiet and dignified patience as well as her thoughtfulness for organizing our meeting with the St. James chapter of the Jamaica Retired Teachers’ Association. There was also the unending hospitality of Percy and Rupert, our bus-drivers who cheerfully introduced us to various aspects of the Jamaican culture. I cannot forget Dr Mellowes’ gentle humour; the bravery of Marlene as she entered the chilly waters of the YS Falls and the universality of Richard’s generosity. At this reunion, once again, I experienced Carlston’s determination to ensure that my palate receive the deliciousness of the local cuisine.
My thanks to those who publicly boosted our spiritual development during our short vacation, our precious Jasper, Pastor Peters and Dr Mellowes as well as all others who prayed quietly. I must also make mention of the golden Glenda who distinguished herself as our prayer warrior-intercessor on our daily bus rides. She gave us health tips and shared her fruits and moringa seeds with me.
I was happy to meet our pioneers once again, and to hear Errol’s unique and soothing greeting, “How are you doing, Joy?” Rooming with Mennen was a special delight and liaising with Brenda for the concert strengthened my creativity.  Selwyn’s double pool party to honour Judith’s “special” birthday allowed me to realize that numerous stars still reside in the sky at night.
Also enhancing the beauty of the reunion were the flowers of friendship that continue to blossom among the year groups. This was especially evident during the fun-filled group performances at our reunion concert. I got an opportunity to intimately reconnect with my macomere Myrtle and my compere Lance.  I also was able to enjoy Howard’s “Steve Harvey” reggae performance at Rick’ cafĂ© in Negril and to learn from Lana’s lesson on lacatan and other bananas.
Having barely touched on the many places we visited, there is so much more that can be written about the loveliness of this reunion. Suffice it to say, however, we all had a great time! I think Carlston captured it when he alluded to those deeper matters of life that we sometimes overlook. He said that there are those who “wanted us…”, but that “Jamaica needed us”. I believe that we also needed Jamaica.
Admittedly, there were a few hiccups along the way, but these only served to place emphasis on the good gifts we received. Being part of the reunion has further confirmed my belief that God did an especially good thing when He gave us Mausica.
My love and blessings to all! joy!!!"
Joy Valdez 74

No comments: