Saturday, March 23, 2013

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS


2013-Mar-22-1225Hrs
Dear Errol,
Greetings! I loved Linda's poem. It's one i would have loved to recite publicly. I rememeber my days representing Mausica at the Arts Festival in prose and verse, together with Gerard Narinesingh.
Conrad, if I were you, I would not give up yet. Catering is never an exact science. I am sure your late registration can be accommodated.
Like most of the population, I am very proud of our new president. We attended Faculty of Law and law school around the same time, I do believe I was one year ahead. He is a regular guy and very sincere.
As I explained to Thora, of whom I am very proud , while I have admired Zennie's work for years, I do have a little problem with the admonition ( advice?) to students to " Do the right thing because it is the right thing to do," which is also the Rose Hill R.C.School's  motto and which was quoted by President Carmona in his inaugural speech. As a wise man noted recently, telling students to do the right thing, presupposes that they know what is the right thing and will thus act appropriately. Depending on the nature of their socialization and the level of development of their individual consciences, some students believe something is the right thing to do, when others know it is wrong, because they have been taught that some things that are morally and/ or legally wrong are justifiable because of their circumstances. I may be starting as debate here, but have you known me to run other than from a fist fight? Have a great Holy Week and a Happy Easter all.
Love to all , malice to none.
Hazel Thompson-Ahye

No comments: