Friday, March 01, 2013

RE: LONG LIVE MAUSICA


2013-Feb-28-1946Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans.
I love Cutty's suggestion.
Let's help him "Clang" the bells.
Rodney Foster
"Excellent suggestion Cutty.
Please give us some more details on the competition e.g. date, time and place, number of choirs etc. Let us know the cost of an appropriate trophy or trophies. Contact the local businesses for sponsorship and partnership in providing trophies.
I think that a challenge trophy would be a great way to perpetuate the Mausica name and legacy. In July last year, I had an interview on WACK Radio and requested that they play a Mausica folk song. The experience was refreshing..  Listeners loved it.  I will be willing to make a donation to the cost of the trophy.
I am proud of my Mausican brothers and sisters  making contributions to their community. For example, Makemba’s art project.in Laventille. I suggest that  Mausicans inform us, via The Blog,  of  their activities and their needs so that others can offer their help: time, service, monetary donations and other material contributions. I am planning to bring a “store bat” and donate it Barataria E.C. School.  In my early teens, a man we called Happy, gave the boys from Boobs two “store” bats and two rubber cork balls.
Happy was a big, tall man who lived to the East of my liming spot at the intersection of Twelfth Street and Second Avenue, Barataria. On his way to work on the docks, he rode down Twelfth Street. One evening, he dismounted his bike and asked Ms Mannah permission to build a shed in which he held Sunday school. Like you Cutty, he played the cuatro. He taught us how to play the tambourine. His up-tempo preaching and singing  attracted the children in the neighborhood and greatly influenced our lives.
I salute the “Happies “ in our alumni: Cutty, Geezmo, Maria, Pat Antoine, Andre, Desmond, Hazel, Brenda, Jerry, Buzzie, Felix, Alisford, Efebo, Makemba, Scratchie   Pat Ryan and so many others that we need to hear about. I appeal to you to let us know whatever you are doing. Mausicans returning for the Reunion could pack gifts in their suitcases or bring some dollars.
Aye, hear nah man, ah gorn. Meh wife cooking some saltfish and spinach downstairs. I love saltfish more than Sparrow. Ah getting distracted.
As usual,
Rodney Foster
66-68."

No comments: