Tuesday, February 05, 2013

RE: Resent: For the Blog


2013-Feb-04-1701Hrs
Hi Errol,
I figure you might be in TnT at this point.  I will not e coming down.  Please post the note below with the attachments to the blog...thankx and take good care.
P.S. Please ensure that the pics can e opened..you are the techie..:).
Tom
"New Year greetings to the Mausica family and especially to my pioneer brothers and sisters.
Having put off doing this note for many months, I would now like to thank all of you who provided me with their support and kind thoughts after the passing of my mom a few months ago. It was a very difficult time for me ....still is somewhat.. and I have to say my Mausica family helped me through those difficult days in TnT.....those dear friends near and far. A special shout out to Ansel Ash somewhere out in France....and Carol in LA. Thank you all.
It's interesting to see the blog taking on a somewhat different flavour and tone with more serious discussion and opinions on a current issue (MR Montano). While I will refrain from expressing my personal views, I have enjoyed reading the expressions of support and criticisms. The blog exchange also provided a bio on Lord Scratchie. After reading it, I wondered whether I would see a few more bios on other “unknowns” before the 50th anniversary celebration so I could relate to a few more people.….
I would like to commend the person or persons that came up with the idea of recognizing the contributions of Mausicans. Although I don’t recall reading the process or criteria for selection, I think this is long overdue.
What I would truly like to see is an organized activity to have the history of Mausica written and placed on our web site or published. We have a lot of anecdotal stuff, which is good. But surely Mausica deserves a better place in our history. I am aware that a few people have met and held discussions about this but there has been little movement or results as far as I am aware. It would be nice to get a process in place to do this while historical documents (and many of us too) might still be available.
Finally, I am attaching a few pictures of Uncle Fitz showing off his gold medal, which I took at his home last September. I have been meaning to post these for some time now so my apologies. It was somewhat disheartening to read the comments on the blog about his personal situation as I didn’t think this is the forum to make such disclosures.
I do hope to see many of you, “knowns” and “unknowns’ at the reunion, God willing and provided my late registration is still acceptable.
Best wishes to all for the carnival season.  Be merry and be safe.
Conrad T (Tom)
Conrad T (Tom)"
Conrad Thomas



No comments: