Saturday, June 06, 2020

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2020-JUN-05

2020-JUN-05-1723Hrs
Talking bout the recordings. One night we were working on an LP in the auditorium, and when we thought we were finished, they played it back and the problem ws not aeroplane landing or leaving Piarco (which everybody knows was one border of our cane field), as Peral Mulrain remembers, it was Mausica Crapo. WQe had to do over de whole ting.
Pearl I think that this particular LP was the one you were on.
The one that was circulated last week really did not include our year group, which was 1967-1969.
Whichever way, that is how it goes with Mausica. Because we had a vibrant alumni sometimes you are not sure who belonged to what group. I have been in the choir performing when it included on the same stage people who were pioneers, such as our beloved Trevor, but also people who came in 1969, tye year I graduated...with Pearl and Gwennie...people including  Lester, Jackie Gaspard, Corenza.
It will be a while before that Mausica flame could be extinguished.
Scratchie
Well they come to Mausica, from Talparo and MorugaAs dey reach in here dey from ArimaBut I see one in shanty Town, digging up de labasseShe want to tell me...she looking for specimen for Douglas.
Now I have apologised profusely to mausica women who at  the college when last we gathered there about four years ago.....I mean Carol-Ann, Babara Davis, Marie Louise, everybody else who was there and who were in the auditorium the night I sung that and was robbed frankoment, coming third instead of winning de crong. They gave it to Efebo.
Also, one lunch time, I was leaving the line having eaten and De Warden called me over to the high table...to introduce me to Harry Joe and to tell him that I was the SCAMP who sang about the girls....and the Joe asked me about that...and if I was having trouble....in that respect....and I cannot remember the rest of the exchange.....
Lord Scratchie, Second runner up in Calypso, 1968.....winner, 1969.
Oh OH, one more thing.
Because some of us got a third year in Mausica I was back there for 1969-1970. I tried to enter the calypso competition. Rutherford, Joe Stevens and others were luke warm. I cant remember how it all worked out. But I did had a song about Osbourne. That third year was helped me to understand juts what a joy being a bonafide Mausican was.
Nobody to thief orange with. No corridor to pelt anything.
Theodore Lewis 69

No comments: