Tuesday, May 12, 2020

RE: Sweet TNT

2020-MAY-09-0133Hrs
Oh Trinbago, why do I love you so?
I am enjoying my experience in TNT; La Romain to be exact, Beach Ave, Rambert Village.
Thank God for His many blessings.
My brother-in-law is recovering well.
This morning I had to change his perception about saltfish. He was convinced that my “Choice Boned Salted Codfish” , Bacalao Selecto Salado Sin Espinas”, a product of Canada was not  genuine saltfish.
Like a well trained Mausican, I was prepared to teach him a lesson on saltfish. I had brought from Decatur, GA, three , one pound parcels of Sea Star Seafoods, Family Tradition Since 1894. I touched on the preservative power of   salt in man’s evolution. Any meat or fish could be salted. Bajan saltfish was not the only saltfish.
Marjorie chimed in with a line from Sparrow’s Kaiso, “All saltfish sweet.”
The experience reminded me of Dukhan and Harry Joe teaching the concepts of learning and behavior.
Look at how many different foods we are eating today!
Another beautiful experience I had today was sucking two starch mango. When I arrived on March 19th, I vowed that I would have one of the neighbor’s mangoes, by hook or crook. I eyed them for a whole month. On Monday evening, I saw the neighbor picking mangoes. I asked her for one and received about a dozen. No true. True Trini does suck jus one mango.
Aye, Scratchie, Angela and Alisford save some mango fuh meh. Right now meh favorite is starch. But I’ll accept any kind. All mango sweet!
Rodney Foster 68

No comments: