Friday, March 06, 2020

RE: Black History Month 2020

2020-MAR-06-0112Hrs
My Fellow  Mausicans,
How was your Black History Month?
I had an inspiring experience. I attended the screening of “Joseph” in Stone Mountain, GA, “Hero” in Los Angeles, and the 60th Annual Negro Spirituals Concert, “Honoring Our Heritage in Song”, at Holman United Methodist Church, in Los Angeles.
On a sad note, I learned that my dear friend, Dr. Patricia Bath, cousin of our Mausican Brother, Mervyn Sandy, had passed away in May, 2019. Pat was a renowned ophthalmologist and Black inventor. Her great, great , grandfather was Sultan Jonas Mohoumed Bath. She had relatives in Tobago and St James. Pat wrote the Epilogue for my second book, “Walk in MY Shoes”.  Her father was a Pullman porter who lived in Harlem, New York. Thurgood Marshal’s first case as NAACP counsel was representing Pat’s father who became a motorman.
Dat is Black History. Trini in everyting!
Next time,  I’ll share with you the Prologue, written by Helen Pyne Timothy and Pat’s Epilogue
So long for now.  It’s 1:00 a,m.
Ah gorn.
Rodney Foster. 66-68

No comments: