Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2017-AUG-11

2017-Aug-11-1328Hrs
Dear Errol,
I very much regret not being able to participate fully in the MTC reunion this time around. Unfortunately, the event clashed with my preparation for the 16th World Conference of the International Society of Family Law in Amsterdam, which is held every 3 years in different parts of the world. Not only was I a member of the Executive Council, but I was also a presenter at the conference and I had to prepare my presentation before I checked in for my flight on the night of July 22. I did take time off to attend the 9th. Floor and was able to see many of our alumni who attended that wonderful production.
I am, incidentally, the only person from the Caribbean on the Council and am now a Vice-President, having been so elected at the General Meeting of the Society. Please see photo of outgoing Council attached. I have put in a bid to convene the next World Conference. I want it to be held in the Caribbean in 2020, so that our Caribbean judges, lawyers and other professionals involved in family law will be able to benefit from learning and sharing with the world -renowned international judges, law professors and professionals from related disciplines, such as therapists, who attend the ISFL conferences. Hope some of you will be able to support me in this venture.
Warm regards,
Hazel Thompson-Ahye 70

No comments: