Wednesday, August 23, 2017

RE: Fwd: Get together

2017-Aug-19-0613Hrs
Hello Errol,
I had to share Scratchie's letter with My Fellow Mausicans. I got his permission.
Scratchie's poetic piece captures the essence of the Mausica experience. Reunion 2017 gave us an opportunity to relive it.
Whenever I hear about the "Molding A Nation Through Service" activities that Mausicans are involved in,, I am energized and proud to be a Mausican.  Our theme," Living The Legacy" is alive.
Thank you Scratchie and all my Mausican Brothers and Sisters who are the change agents in our communities. Please keep us informed about your contributions to " making the world a better place".
Sincerely,
Rodney Foster 66-68

"From: "lewis007 University of Minnesota"
To: rodneyfoster4050@comcast.net
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 7:41:00 AM
Subject: Get together
My Brother Rodney:
By now we should have worked out that our common sojourn on that sacred piece of earth we call Mausica, was for life. We are in our 70s now, some close to 80, and the fire of that place still burns and shines. I was very very happy to see you and to join with you and some of the good men to sing again and to play the ass, signatures of being a Mausican....our special bonding. The lime at your house was the greatest...several generations of men there, something that I always look at....men spanning the years and just falling in...catching the mood....the special spirit...finding capability in themselves they did not know they have....
The calypso tent was a master idea, and I thought the singing at your house was off the chart, and at the college many heard the music and songs probably for the first time...people caught the mood, never mind the rain....
It was good to see you, one of the mainstays of this thing.....you must write to Maria, encouraging her to return to the fold.....we missed her....
This thing has to keep going...it is as authentic as could be.....that place made me whatever I am....it is the source...
Again good to see you...and other havenites, such as Efebo, Finbar, and Carlton Layne....
Peace brother.
Mighty Scratchie"
Rodney Foster 68

No comments: