Thursday, February 11, 2016

RE: THANK YOU JOEY

2016-FEB-11-0221Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
The sad news of Joey Lewis' passing released an avalanche of  "Remember Wens?". Joey was an Honorary Mausican.
My dear friend, Carl Caton, and I  talked for about 90 minutes on Carnival Monday reminiscing about de good ole Mausica days. The majority of us would agree that we were indeed blessed. At MTC, we had nothing but the best.
Bandleaders like Joey Lewis, Ray Sylvester, Mano Marcellin  and  Ancil Wyatt contributed significantly to our well-rounded education.
Now that Pal Joey has "Walked Away From Love", I'll remember the beautiful music that he and his orchestra provided us. I remember Reunion 2003 at the Center Of Excellence. What a Time! It was fete fuh so. Meh pardnah, Andre Stephens, exclaimed that if he had died dat nite, he woulda die ah happy man. Joey and my DJ, Alisford,  had de place dancing nonstop. Just like we used tuh do in HMJ Hall.
Thank you Joey. On behalf of all Mausicans, I convey our sincerest condolences to your family.
May you rest in peace and rise in glory.
Sincerely,
Dancero, Rodney Foster. 1966-68

No comments: