Monday, September 22, 2014

RE: Living Our Legacy

2014-SEP-22-0341Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
It's 2:40 a.m. Monday in Atlanta, GA.
I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning. I was dreaming about our 2015 reunion and decided to get up and share my thoughts about this event.
I read the Daily Word. It said, "A whisper of inspiration guides my thoughts and actions as I drift to new experiences, ways of thinking and patterns of living. I am ready for new horizons."
My Fellow Mausicans, let us have our reunion in sweet TNT. Here are my random thoughts. It will be bigger and better than going overseas. The templates of a TNT reunion are already in place.  Let's make some changes here and there.  Let's solicit corporate, group and individual sponsorship to underwrite some of the costs. Yes, many Mausicans are now on fixed income. No more"$330.00, adjusted for inflation and increments over the years. We have spent millions of dollars with Carib, Stag, Angostura, Fernandes, WITCO, Maritime, Guardian Life, Cannings, Neal and Massy, HiLo, Tru Value, Southern Sales, Ishmael Khan, Kentucky and so many more businesses. It's time dey run something. The Guapo Beach Facility should be finished by now. Skip the breakfast in San Fernando Hill. De Point possee will be happy to have us again to show off their new facility. Let's give the remains of Mausica a decent burial. Organize a Grell Cup clean up. Paint a mural in the auditorium. Lay a memorial plaque. Inform, via the blog, about the planning meetings. New heads, eyes and ears could bring new ideas and solutions to the process. What is the projected budget for Reunion 2015? How can we reduce the costs per capita. Can we stage a Variety Concert at the Performing Arts Center or other venue to offset some of the costs, make a profit and Leave a Financial Legacy.
Mausicans mastered "Thinking Outside The Box". We can still do it today. Let's continue "Living Our Legacy" so that we could leave a lasting legacy.
Aye, hear nah man, is 3:28 a.m. Ah goin an sleep. I'll be in TNT 10/9 thru 10/22. Ah comin for my great aunt's 100th birthday party, in Point. Gizmo, Bernice, Ray and Cutty we go fire one.
As usual,
Rodney Foster, 66-68.

No comments: